Pages

Sunday 5 February 2012

Il n’y a que deux endroits au monde où l’on puisse vivre heureux: chez soi et à Paris.

There are only two places in the world where we can live happy: at home and in Paris. 
- Ernest Hemingway


This semester I am discovering the truth in this statement. Five months of walking to class along the river Seine, consuming baguettes at an alarming rate, shopping for produce in local markets, wandering through public parks, getting lost, then found again along captivating streets, becoming overwhelmed in museums, filling out stacks upon stacks of paperwork, riding the metro to every conceivable location, avoiding dog poop on the sidewalk, savouring delicious French wines, wearing colour in a sea of dark coats, using the lights of the Eiffel tower as a beacon to guide me home, stumbling over my words in foreign language, and, of course, learning to appreciate the vast array of cheese at my local fromagerie. An opportunity that I could only have dreamed of, but possible through the support of my wonderful family. Still can't even believe that I am lucky enough to be here, falling in love with this city daily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment