Pages

Thursday 17 May 2012

visitors and a last week in paris

This week I've been trying to cram in all those things that I've been meaning, planning, trying to do and just haven't gotten around to yet. I visited Centre Pompidou and loved the Matisse exhibit showing his pairs and series of paintings (not so much the modern art), the Maison Européenne de la Photographie for contemporary photography and was enthralled by Paulo Pellegrin's photos of seemingly every modern crisis, sipped mint tea at the Grand Mosque of Paris and checked out the fascinating photosensitive façade at the Institut du Monde Arabe, finally made it into  Notre Dame, and spent an afternoon in the lovely and newly renovated Musée d'Orsay. Today, a morning visit to my local market and an evening at the Bastille Opera house for Romeo and Juliet and like that, my time to myself here in Paris is at an end. Tomorrow morning my Mom and Sister will be here and we'll be going to Copenhagen, Stockholm and back to Paris before I head home to Calgary on June 1st. So excited for their visit and our trip but I can't help but think that time is flying by a bit too quickly! It seems it's going to take me a while to get caught up on photos...

No comments:

Post a Comment